Friday, September 18, 2009

The Original Coyote Ugly starring Ginger, and other videos

I've been dabbling in some Ginger videos this evening, surprise-surprise. This first one I'm calling the original Coyote Ugly, love the whole dancing on the bar piece and the tapping boys on a string at the end, haha. :)

"Out of Sight Out of Mind" from In Person (1935)



"Shake Your Powder Puff" from Upperworld (1934)



Frederic March introduces Ginger singing "Used to Be You" - no idea what the fancy footwork there towards the end is called, but I love it!



Aaaand "You'll Be Reminded of Me" from Vivacious Lady (1938) is Ginger's version of Alanis Morisette's "You Oughta Know." I couldn't help it, that's what I thought of while watching this! Really though, my favorite part of this is when she says "the food's terrible..." - that, and how young James Stewart looks.



Ok, that's enough. Turning off the computer now. Nighty-night.

2 comments:

  1. I love Ginger! Thanks for all of the clips; I especially enjoyed the last one, because Jimmy's my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Im re-reading Ginger's book and I just read that she wrote that "Used to Be You" song. But my favorite part of the clip...he calls her "Virginia Katherine" which we all know is her real name! So cute!

    ReplyDelete